Many ESO gamers reported getting the error message “Unexpected Internal Error has occurred” while initiating ESO. In this post, we will show you workable solutions for it.
On the other hand, the “Unexpected Internal Error has occurred” error problem is associated with the streaming demand on the game servers.
How to ESO Unexpected Internal Error
You can fix this error by restarting the game. If it doesn’t solve the problem, you can try any of the following troubleshooting solutions to rectify this error.
Solution 1: Check ESO Service Alerts
Check your ESO service. Be sure the service is properly functioning and not undergoing any maintenance. Sometimes, some maintenance can hinder your game from launching or from connecting. In order not to cause you any complication or any error, be sure to verify the server/service.
Solution 2: Close and Restart ESO and the Launcher
This solution most times works perfectly for many users. To be sure the error did not emanate from your Windows PC, restart the game again(close and open game).
Solution 3: Switch Between Mega-servers
If after trying either solutions above the error continues, then changing your server will be a good consideration. To do this:
- Login to the Elder Scrolls Online from launcher
- After logging in, select server under the play bottom from the menu displayed on your screen.
- Choose any server you desire and click on accept.
- Wait for a while for the server to update to the new selection
- An announcement stating that you have made a server selection will pop up
- Log into the game and start enjoying its features.
Solution 4: Repair your Launcher
Repairing ESO launcher is also a good way to fix the error stated above. This step is very easy and precise to carry out.
Here’s how to repair the game launcher:
- Locate C:\Program Files (x86)\ Zenimax Online\Launcher
- Simply change the folder title from “Program Data” folder to “Program Data Backup”.
- Open your Launcher
- From Game Options, select “Repair”.
In conclusion, the solutions shortlisted above will help you solve your ESO launcher problems if applied carefully. Feel free to share your Elder Scrolls Online issues with us by leaving a comment below.