Pokemon GO continues to go strong, despite the fact that several years have passed since it was released. New challenges and events are added constantly, and players always find something interesting to do.
However, not all challenges are simple to complete. For example, during the Let’s Go event that took place last year, some players were not able to receive increased spawns, as they were still trying to complete the Meltan Special Research quest.
Luckily, some of the required Pokemon were also added In the January’s Field Research quests and they can be obtained as rewards. One of them is the rare fossil Pokemon Aerodactyle. You just need to complete this specific task, and this means that you will have a 100% chance to catch the Pokemon when it will finally show up. Try keeping an eye out for tasks with an encounter reward.
Here is are the tasks that you can complete (as well as their rewards):
- Catch 10 Ice-type Pokemon (Kabuto)
- Catch 7 Flying-, Psychic-, or Dark-type Pokemon (Anorith)
- Evolve a Pokemon Using an Item (Aerodactyl)
- Make 3 Great Throws (Lileep OR Anorith)
- Win 5 Raid Battles (Aerodactyl)
- Win a Level 3 or higher Raid (Omanyte)
More than that, you will discover that some quests will also help you with the Meltan Special Research quest, such as catching 5 electric-type Pokemon, evolve a Magnemite, catch Cuone, and so on. Here are the tasks:
- Battle in a Raid (Drowzee)
- Catch 5 Fighting-type Pokemon (Magnemite)
- Hatch an Egg (Exeggcutes)
- Make 5 Nice Throws (Voltorb)
- Trade a Pokemon (Manectric)
- Use 5 Razz Berries to Help Catch Pokemon (Cubone)
- Use a Super Effective Charged Attack in 7 Gym Battles (Electabuzz)
Hopefully this will help you complete some quests and catch the pokemon that you need.
Ernestina Saenz Salcido is a reporter for News Lair. She mostly writes on her free time about gadgets and tech news. When she’s not working she takes care of her 2 daughters.