Kingdom Hears 3 is the climatic ending to one of the most popular video game series. The first game was released back in 2002 for the PlayStation 2. The unique mixture of Final Fantasy mechanics and Disney world captured the imagination of millions of players from all over the world.
The last entrance is a masterpiece from several points of view but there is no such thing as perfection. The story and gameplay experience may be top notch but hundreds of players claim that the game is plagued by serious tech issues.
Among the complaints, we can count movement issues, image troubles and controls that seem to become unresponsive at the worst time possible. The game tries to achieve 60fps (or frames per second) but in most cases the reality is a bit different.
The Xbox One seems to be favored since the game runs better on the Microsoft console. The PS4 and PS4 Pro struggle during certain events, when the screen is filled with spectacular events that seem to be quite taxing.
A special mode should solve most of these issues by limiting the maximum fps number 30 but it packs some problems of its own. Regular frame time spikes appear and the controller becomes unresponsive for short period of time.
You can optimize the experience on the PS4 by following this tutorial:
- Enter the Setting Menu (the icon can be found in the upper right side of the screen)
- Search for the Sound and Screen menu and click on it
- Select the Video Output Settings menu
- Select the Resolution menu and set it to 1080
- Wait until the calibration process is finished (the screen will be black for a while)
- Return to the Video Output Settings menu
- Select the Supersampling Mode and disable the option
If you own any of the other consoles there is still hope since the performance could be improved with a few patches that should arrive in the following weeks.
Ernestina Saenz Salcido is a reporter for News Lair. She mostly writes on her free time about gadgets and tech news. When she’s not working she takes care of her 2 daughters.