Sometimes game developers don’t release enough details about their upcoming games, and fans have to transform into detectives in order to find out more.
Recently, a new job listing was posted by CD Projekt Red and it appears that contains some details about the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077 game.
In-Game Ads Illustrator
The job listing is for an in-game ads illustrator, and the illustrator will focus on advertisements for “an array of of consumer services of the dark future.”
It appears that the services in the ads will be for a wide range of futuristic products, “from paramilitary medical care, to guns, to fast moving consumer goods and cyberware.”
You can read the complete list of responsibilities below:
- Delivering in-game assets responding to the futuristic Cyberpunk style.
- Creating high-quality digital painting illustrations based on briefs and/or sketches provided by the concept team.
- Creating simple sketches and graphics as bases for other team members’ work (overpaints, mood boards, compositions, simple design work).
- Following guidelines and maintaining a coherent style.
- Collaborating with other members of the team to provide the best possible quality for the task.
- Participating in meetings, brainstorming ideas, pitching concepts and responding to feedback.
- Maintaining the production pipeline and meeting deadlines.
The job listing also included other interesting details, despite the fact that they are not related to the game. For instance, we found out about some of the perks of the job, and they are quite interesting. The listing mentions “fresh fruit twice a week for everyone in the office, a wide choice of tea, fancy coffee machines, and seven types of milk.” Those who work there can also access a free library that has numerous games and books there.
If you have more than three years of experience and this job sounds like a great fit for you, you can find the job listing here.
Laura Modin has lived in Las Cruces her whole life. Laura has worked as a journalist for nearly a decade having contributed to several large publications including the Yahoo News and The The Santa Fe New Mexican. As a journalist for News Lair, Laura covers national and international developments.