Battlefield black screen problem has been experienced by almost all players of Battlefield at one time or another.
Some players experience a black screen when they launch the game and the first match they get into. Sometimes, players get a black screen which they can’t get rid of easily even when they spawn up and try to walk around, they still can’t see anything, and the screen stays black which makes the game difficult to play.
Fix: Battlefield black screen problem
If you are experiencing black screen problems with your Battlefield game, try any of the following solutions.
Solution 1: Check PC Specifications
Check your PC specifications to see if it meets up with the minimum recommendation from EA. You may likely be having black screen issues if your PC does not meet up with the minimum recommended PC specifications from EA.
Minimum PC specs for Battlefield game from EA
- OS type: Windows 7, 8.1, and Windows 10, 64-bit.
- Processor type: Intel Core i5 6600k/AMD FX-6350
- Memory capacity: 8GB RAM
- Graphics Card type: AMD RadeonTM HD 7850 2GB/NVIDIA Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB
- DirectX 11.0 Compatible video card or its equivalent
- HDD space: 50 GB
- Minimum internet speed of 512 KBPS
Recommended PC SPECS for Battlefield game from EA
- OS type: Windows 10 64-bit or recent Windows version
- Processor type: AMD FX 8350 Wraith
- Processor type: Intel Core i7 4790 or its equivalent
- Memory capacity: 16GB RAM
- Graphics card type: AMD RadeonTM RX 480 4GB/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
- DirectX 11.1 Compatible video card or its equivalent
- HDD space: 50GB
- 512 KBPS internet speed or faster
Solution 2: Restart DOF
Step 1: go to Start > Options > Videos
Step 2: Select the Weapon DOF (Depth of Field)
Step 3: Set it to ‘off’ and un-pause the game. This restores the normal vision once again.
Step 4: go back to options > DOF and switch it back to ‘on’.
Solution 3: Delete the Reserved Space
Step 1: Press the start button > Battlefield
Step 2: Click on manage game > Saved data
Step 3: Delete the ‘Reserved Space’ file
Step 4: Restart the game
Other Applicable Solutions
If you still experience the problem, try the following:
- If you are using PC with the specified standards from EA and you are still experiencing black screen issues, you should update your graphics card
- You can try updating your EA Origin
- If your OS was updated recently, you should install EA Origin before re-installing Battlefield on your PC.
- Try updating the game patch by:
- Downloading the patch fix
- Installing the patch fix in the game folder
- Launch the Battlefield game
- Apply the update and play.
Hope you find this helpful?