If you can’t update the Minecraft native launcher, read on; this post is meant for you.
Several Minecraft players have reported being unable to update and/or play the game on their PC. This error usually occurs whenever they attempt to install the latest updates via the Minecraft launcher. However, when this error occurs, their update gets stuck thereby resulting in difficulty in launching Minecraft.
Several reasons responsible for this Minecraft error includes software conflicts, corrupt Minecraft installation folder and antivirus interruption. Regardless, you can attempt any of the solutions we enumerated below to fix the issue.
Fix: Can’t Update Minecraft Native Launcher
Solution 1: Disable Antivirus
If you have a proactive antivirus capable of blocking applications from running on your PC, you might experience this Minecraft problem. Besides, few antivirus programs such as Kaspersky Internet Security and Bullguard are known to prevent Minecraft’s connection to the Mojang’s servers. Therefore, you should temporarily disable your antivirus program before updating the Minecraft program and then enable the antivirus program after successful update. On the other hand, you may consider whitelist Minecraft from your antivirus program menu.
Solution 2: Repair Minecraft
Due to file corruption issues on your PC, you might experience the Minecraft error which prevents you from updating the program. However, you can easily repair Minecraft using the built-in tool.
Follow these steps to repair Minecraft:
- Press the Windows + R keys to launch the Run program
- Type appwiz.cpl and hit the Enter key. This opens the list of installed programs window
- From the list, locate Minecraft.
- Now, right-click on Minecraft and select the repair option
- Follow the prompts to complete the Minecraft repair process.
- Afterwards, retry the Minecraft update process.
Solution 3: Reinstall Minecraft
If you are still unable to update Minecraft program after trying the solutions 1 and 2 above, you should consider reinstalling the Minecraft program. Moreover, downloading the new launcher can help you to eliminate other unresolved Minecraft issues you might encounter.
Here’s how to reinstall Minecraft:
- Go to the official Minecraft.net download page
- Follow the prompts to commence the download process.
- After installing the Minecraft program, you can then launch and start playing the game.
Note: This procedure eliminates the need for undergoing the update process. Moreover, you are able to download and install the latest Minecraft native launcher.
Was this helpful?