Minecraft Pocket Edition crashes on startup can be caused by a variety of issues like bugs, server issues, etc.
If you are experiencing regular crashing of Minecraft Pocket Edition on startup, you should try out the following fixes.
Fix: Minecraft Pocket Edition crashes on Startup
Solution 1: Quit the game
- Press the home button at the centre of your Xbox controller to go back to the dashboard
- While your cursor is still on the game icon, you should press the Xbox menu on your controller
- Quit the game from the displayed options.
Solution 2: Run a Power cycle (Reboot)
- Press down the Xbox icon on your console until the console goes off.
- Wait for about 45 seconds
- Switch on the consoler by holding down the Xbox icon
- After booting, check if the problem is resolved.
Solution 3: Delete and reinstall Minecraft Pocket Edition if you are experiencing frequent crashing
- Go to ‘Apps’ from the Xbox guide by pressing the Xbox button on your controller
- Navigate to ‘Minecraft Pocket Edition’
- Press the home button and select ‘Uninstall’
- Check for uninstalled apps in your library
- Reinstall Minecraft PE from your library.
- Launch the game to check if the problem is fixed.
Solution 4: Reboot your Xbox’s console resolution settings
- Eject any disc in your console
- Press and hold down the Xbox button (it serves as the power button) on your console till it goes off
- Switch on the console and wait for it to finishing booting
- Set your TV output to AV output
- Press and hold the power button and the disc eject button together until it beeps twice
- Navigate to display and sound settings from your console settings
- Change your resolution to 1080p or 720p, your choice should be based on the resolution supported by your TV.
- Change your video fidelity to 50Hz if it is on 1080p, if it is on 720p, change the video fidelity to 24Hz
- Insert the Minecraft disc and run your game.
Was this helpful?