Pokemon Go is a reality Pokeman game created for Android and iOS devices by Niantic. This game is played by millions of players across the world.
However, several players have reported issues facing the game such as crashing and freezing, bugs responsible for GPS and networking failure, server connectivity issues, etc.
The good news for players is that Niantic releases updates regularly to tackle issues experienced by players.
If your Pokemon go is crashing, try out any of the fixes recommended below
Fix: Pokemon go Crashing
Solution 1: Close Pokemon Go
- Press the home button to switch to other apps on your iPad
- After a while, press the home button twice to view apps running in the background
- Tap on the Pokémon Go app and continue with the game.
- This should fix the crashing issue, if it doesn’t, try out the next fix.
Solution 2: Force-quit the game
- Press the home button twice to show all apps running
- Swipe left or right on the Pokémon Go app to quit the game.
- You should relaunch the game to check if the issue is resolved.
Note: This option can cause you to lose data, but it fixes the problem.
Solution 3: Delete the Pokémon Go app and reinstall
- Press and hold down on the Pokémon Go app
- The app wriggles and displays an ‘x’ sign
- Tap on the ‘x’ sign
- Tap on ‘Delete’ on the pop up to confirm your action
- Launch your app store and
- Re-download the Pokémon Go app and launch it once the installation is completed
Solution 4: Reset your iPad’s settings
- Launch your iPad settings > ‘General’
- Scroll through the ‘General’ settings and tap on ‘Reset’
- Confirm your action by entering your passcode.
- Re-launch the game once resetting is completed.
Solution 5: Check for updates
- Check for available update to the Pokémon go app
- Install the update.
- Relaunch the game to confirm if the issue is fixed.
Let us know if you were able to fix the Pokemon Go crashing problem. Comment below.
Daniel Segun is a technology writer with over 5 years of experience. He loves to teach and inspire others. When he is not writing, he’s probably busy developing websites. You can reach him here.