If you chose to uninstall Minecraft PE from your PC temporarily, you can back up your saved game and return to it later. But if you chose to uninstall Minecraft Pocket Edition completely from your devices, follow the methods enlisted below.
How to Uninstall Minecraft PE from Windows PC
- Back up your saved games in a separate location on your PC. (optional)
- Hold down the Window’s key + ‘R’ at the same time to open the ‘Run’ dialogue box
- Type ‘%appdata% in the ‘Run’ dialogue box >> Click on ‘OK’ to open the ‘Roaming’ folder
- Locate and open the ‘.minecraft’ folder
- Copy the ‘saves’ folder in the ‘.minecraft’ to a location of your choice on your PC.
- Go back to the ‘Roaming’ folder, locate and right-click on the ‘.minecraft’ folder
- Click on ‘Delete’ from the drop-down menu. You can simply drag the folder into the recycle bin.
Solution 2: Use Control Panel
- Type ‘control panel’ in the Windows menu bar and press the ‘Enter’ key on your keyboard.
- Locate and click on ‘Programs’ in the control panel window.
- In the ‘Programs’ window, click on ‘Uninstall a program’ under the ‘Programs and Features’ heading.
- From the displayed list of programs installed on your PC, single-click on ‘Minecraft PE’ to select, right-click on it and click on the ‘Uninstall’ option to uninstall Minecraft PE from your PC.
- Follow the instructions and prompts to completely uninstall Minecraft PE from your PC.
How to uninstall Minecraft PE from Mac PC
- Open a Finder window
- Press the ‘Cmd’ key + ‘Shift’ key + ‘G’ at the same time to open the ‘Go to Folder’
- Type ~/Library/Application Support/ and press the ‘Return’ key
- Open the ‘Minecraft’ folder, back up the ‘saves’ folder to a location of your choice if you intend continuing with the game in future
- Delete the ‘Minecraft’ folder by right-clicking on it and clicking on ‘Move to Trash’ or simply drag the folder and drop it in the ‘Trash’.
How to uninstall Minecraft PE from Android device
- Launch the Settings app of your mobile device
- Navigate through to ‘Apps’ and tap on it
- Search through the list of apps to locate Minecraft PE
- Tap on ‘Minecraft PE’ to direct you to its info page.
- On the ‘App info’ page, tap on ‘UNINSTALL’ to uninstall Minecraft PE from your device.
How to uninstall Minecraft PE from iOS device
- Hold down on the ‘Minecraft PE’ app till it wriggles
- Tap on the ‘x’ in a circle on the Minecraft PE icon to delete.
- Tap on ‘Delete’ to confirm your action.
Was this helpful?
Daniel Segun is a technology writer with over 5 years of experience. He loves to teach and inspire others. When he is not writing, he’s probably busy developing websites. You can reach him here.