Destiny 2 is expecting some new content that has been delayed by a couple of months. The Shadowkeep DLC and the free New Light version will probably see an October release. But in the meantime, developer Bungie has provided fans with a schedule of updates and content that will hopefully keep them busy until the fall.
The next update to hit Destiny 2 will be 126.96.36.199 and it will bring some quality improvements to the game. Much of these updates have been developed as a result of player feedback. Some of the updates will take the form in adjusting Pinnacle quests at Wendigo and the Mountaintop.
Players have expressed a desire for the quests to be less of a grind and we will soon see if that will be so. Another important update has been made with the increased drop rate of certain weapons on Gambit Prime and Reckoning.
The player will receive bad luck protection, so to speak, after conducting a certain number of runs with no weapon drop to speak of. The difficulty of Reckoning will be adjusted to cope with the nerfs on Exotics like Phoenix Protocol.
Destiny 2 Update 188.8.131.52 Patch Notes
- Moments of Triumph has been extended through 9/17
- Gambit Prime and Reckoning weapon drop rates increased
- Bad-luck protection to guarantee a drop after a set amount of runs
- Reckoning difficulty will be reduced
- BrayTech Schematics will be more flexible and rewarding
- Mountaintop and Wendigo GL3 pinnacle quests will be more accessible
- Specific quest objectives will be tuned based on player feedback
- Multiple weeks of increased Valor and Infamy in September.
- Iron Banner will be accompanied by increased Valor in each event
- Menagerie chests will become more rewarding until the end of the season
Daniel Kiss is the senior editor for News Lair. Daniel was working as a writer since he finished high-school, first for local papers then he started online, nowadays he likes to write about the latest games and tech innovations.