When it comes to installing Facebook on a device, Android users have two options: the regular Facebook app, or Facebook Lite. For those who do not know, Facebook Lite was introduced a couple of years ago, as a solution for Facebook users who lived in areas with low speed Internet connections, or had old phones.
In the beginning, the app was available only in certain countries, but today it is available in the United States as well. There is a chance that we might see it on iOS as well on day.
FACEBOOK LITE ADVANTAGES
Here are all the advantages listed by Facebook:
- is installed quickly – the app is smaller, so it’s quick to download and uses less storage space;
- works on old Android phones – you can use it on older Android phones that are not supported by the regular Facebook app;
- uses less data – be more efficient with your mobile data. Save money by using less data;
- loads quickly – it is our fastest app. Upload photos faster and see updates from friends;
- works on all networks – it is designed for 2G networks and areas with slow or unstable Internet connections.
As you can see, Facebook Lite works in any areas, and on any devices, which is a major plus for it. There are also many users who choose to download it because it takes less storage. The main Facebook app has 57 MB, while Facebook Lite weighs in at 1.59 MB.
How to download it?
The good news is that it is very simple to install Facebook Lite, as it is available on Google Play Store. Simply search for it and then install it. If you want to do it manually, you can also do that. You will need to allow third-party apps and then download the Facebook Lite APK.
Laura Modin has lived in Las Cruces her whole life. Laura has worked as a journalist for nearly a decade having contributed to several large publications including the Yahoo News and The The Santa Fe New Mexican. As a journalist for News Lair, Laura covers national and international developments.