Companies with employees that work from home know how useful VPN tools are. For those who don’t know what they are, we will mention that a virtual private network is exactly what you need for encrypting the connection between VPN’s servers and your computer.
Apart from the tools used by remote-working employees, there are other VPNs available for the general public. They are referred to as consumer virtual private networks and can be used for hiding a computer user’s online activity, preventing private data collection and keeping security threats away.
Windows 10 users can choose from a wide range of reliable VPN software
Like we mentioned before, VPNs block intruders from gathering information about the users’ web traffic. In this case, you won’t receive as many ads as others and you will be protected against most hackers’ attacks.
Besides, by using a VPN, people can change their IP address. This action enables the access to geographically restricted content and comes with improved connectivity speed.
We know that some people are already using VPNs. Others would like to start, but they are not sure what the best option is. If you are a Windows 10 user and you’re still considering your options, have a look at the following list and make an inspired choice.
- CyberGhost VPN
As the name says, this VPN tool turns every Internet surfer into a ghost. So far, it has been used by over 15 million people and this number proves its efficiency and reliability. A lot of experts will recommend it for Windows 10 devices and here is why:
- It comes with a NAT Firewall, so ingoing connection attempts are blocked;
- It offers IPV6 Leak protection and this means that it is an effective shield against data collection and espionages;
- The monthly payment plan is one of the most budget-friendly alternatives you can get for such quality;
Nord VPN is another expert recommendation. The tool is suitable for Windows 10 PCs and other devices. However, it can work slower than other VPNs because of all the extra security features.
- Nord VPN users can enjoy HD streaming at the same connection speed;
- More than 3000 servers are waiting at the users’ disposal;
- It passes the data through 2 servers for improved security;
- It allows free three days tests without subscribing for a plan;
This tool is another popular choice. It is used by over one million people from the entire world. It’s no wonder, since it is the fastest VPN service available nowadays and comes with bullet proof encryption protocols.
- PureVPN comes with AES-256-bit ultra-secure connectivity for improved online security and data privacy;
- It is suitable for businesses, because the communication between employees is encrypted and their digital access is secured by dedicated IPs;
- It can be used on more than 20 devices like laptops, desktops, routers, smart devices and more;
- It offers convenient monthly and two-year subscription plans.
- Hotspot Shield Free VPN
Moving further, let’s talk about a free VPN tool for Windows 10. This is one of the most complex options. It keeps users anonymous and takes care of their private data throughout their online activity, even when they are using Wi-Fi connections from public places.
- Touch VPN
This is another free, but highly competitive VPN software. It was initially developed for smart devices, like smartphones and tablets, but as time passed it became available for Windows 10 systems as well. It enables a secure connection between servers from different continents, so it removes geographical restrictions.
These are only a few examples, but you can find more through an online search. Look for more information and decide which can work for you.