Jailbreak has become popular among users since the first exploit was released for the original iPhone. Apple was against it from the start and tried to patch the security exploits without success. Jailbreaking has become harder with each iOS version and it seems that a functioning jailbreak for iOS 12 is still a far-away dream.
Those that decide to accept the compromise and use an older iOS version that is still supported will gain access to a wealth of apps and tweaks that cannot be installed otherwise. To facilitate the download process users will have to install Cydia or Sileo in order to reach the repositories where the apps are hosted.
While Cydia has remained the most reliable solution Sileo is appreciated by many of new users. The app is very user-friendly and adding additional repositories is a little bit easier in comparison to Cydia. Below you can find a complete guide that will allow you to gain the most out of Sileo by following a few steps.
Before you attempt to add new repos you can search for suitable ones on the internet and save the URLs.
- Open the Sileo app
- Look for the sources icon that should be located on the lower side of the screen. Tap on it.
- Tap on the Edit button that can be seen on the upper-right side of the screen
- A plus icon will appear in the same position. Tap on it.
- A screen will appear and offer two choices. Tap on the Enter Manually option.
- Enter the URL that leads to repo of your choice and tap on the Add Source buttons.
- The option should appear in the Repos list after the process is finished.
Feel free to add several repos by following the same steps. You can also use repos that contain the word cydia in the URL since Sileo is compatible with Cydia repositories.
Katie Tachuck is a reporter for News Lair. After graduating from UCLA, Katie got an internship at a local radio station and worked as a investigative journalist and producer. Katie has also worked as a columnist for the The Santa Fe New Mexican. Katie covers economy and community events for News Lair.