WhatsApp is the most used and loved messaging application worldwide. Used by millions of people, the app is available for all main phones and computing device OS, which includes Android, iOS, Windows and so on. The usage of the app is free, and the VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) service supplier provides total ease of sending messages, images, videos and so on.
Set custom WhatsApp notifications for contacts
To set customized notifications for specific WhatsApp contacts, you will need a variant of the app that comes with this feature. This option helps you benefit from how you manage notifications from specific contacts.
The steps below show you how to enable the custom notification option on your Android device:
- Open WhatsApp from the device’s Home Screen
- Open any chat and click on ‘View Contact’. You can also get here by tapping on the profile name of the contact inside their conversation box
- Select ‘Custom Notifications’
- Check the box ‘Use custom notifications’
- A list will appear, as the option is enabled
- Select whatever option on the list that you want to change or turn on
- You can customize settings for a call, messages or pop-up notifications and more others
Mute WhatsApp Notifications
WhatsApp is also allowing you to mute notifications if you don’t want to be disturbed by continual message report. This option is also available for group chats. The steps below show you how to turn on this option on your Android device:
- Go to ‘Notifications’ in WhatsApp or select the chat box for the contact and tap on the profile name
- Two options will appear: ‘Mute’ and ‘Custom Notifications’
- Turn on the ‘Mute’ feature
- A new window will appear and it will show the time options from the selected contact
Both the aforementioned step guides are incredibly easy to follow and will aid you to administer how you want to be announced of new messages in WhatsApp on Android device.
Daniel Kiss is the senior editor for News Lair. Daniel was working as a writer since he finished high-school, first for local papers then he started online, nowadays he likes to write about the latest games and tech innovations.