Do you get the fatal error message while playing Minecraft? Don’t panic, we’ll show you how to resolve this problem.
Minecraft is one of the popular sandbox video game with thousands of players across the globe. However, many Minecraft users reported getting the fatal error message prompt during update which says “A fatal error has occurred this connection has been terminated.”
If you’re getting this error message, here are few solutions for you to fix the fatal error problem.
Fix: fatal error Minecraft
Solution 1: Temporarily disable antivirus
Some antivirus can block suspicious connections on your PC which could cause the Minecraft fatal error. It is highly recommended that you whitelist Minecraft on your antivirus program or temporarily disable your antivirus program.
Alternatively, you can turn off your Windows Firewall.
Here’s how to do this:
- Press the Windows + Q keys and then type Firewall in the search bar.
- Click on Windows Defender Firewall.
- Now, select Turn Windows Defender Firewall On/Off and then turn off the Firewall for both Public and Private network settings. Follow the prompts to save changes.
- Again, retry the Minecraft update and check to see if the error is resolved.
Note: After downloading the Minecraft update, ensure you enable either your antivirus as well as Windows Firewall.
Solution 2: Update your graphics cards drivers
Minecraft update may result in connection error if the graphics cards are outdated or obsolete. Hence, if the Minecraft fatal error occurs, you should ensure that you update your graphics card drivers before you continue.
Here’s how to do that:
- Press the Windows + R keys and then type devmgmt.msc in the Run box. This will launch the Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager window, navigate to the display adaptors, expand it and then right-click on the intel driver.
- Click on Update driver and follow the prompts to complete the update process.
- After the river has been updated, try again to install the latest Minecraft patches.
Alternatively, you can simply go to the manufacturers’ website (NVIDIA and/or AMD/ATI) and install the latest drivers.
Solution 3: Download the latest Java updates
Minecraft is a Java-dependent game i.e. it requires Java to run efficiently. If you are running an obsolete Java version, then it is expected that issues like the Minecraft fatal error could occur. However, you can resolve this issue by updating your Java Build to the latest version.
In conclusion, you can try other solutions such as upgrading your RAM, reinstalling Minecraft or even changing your network connection if the problem persists.
Was this helpful?