Do you have an Huawei smartphone and wondering how to speed it up? In this post, we’ll show you how to do just that.
Huawei Smartphones are prominent for their durability most especially Huawei P Series and Mate Series. Even though, the smartphone manufacturer is currently involved in a trade war with the US, its user base seems to be on the increase steadily.
If you have an old or current Huawei smartphone, don’t worry. We’ll show you how to speed it up with easy methods.
Speed up Huawei smartphone with these methods
Method 1: Clear cache
Clogged cache files can affect the speed of your Huawei smartphone. Therefore, you should clear the cache so as to boost the performance of your device.
Here’s how to do this:
- On your Huawei phone, go to Settings > Storage
- Tap on Cached Data and then tap on OK to clean up the cached data.
- Restart your phone afterwards.
Method 2: Disable unwanted widgets
Several widgets generally do more harm than good in the long run. For instance, some widgets consume more power and affect the performance of your Huawei phone.
Follow these steps to disable unwanted widgets:
- On your home screen, tap on the unwanted widget you intend to disable.
- Now, tap on Remove or X to delete the unwanted widget.
Method 3: Uninstall Unwanted apps
Certain apps on your Huawei phone may cause your phone to lag in performance. Hence, it is recommended that you uninstall unwanted apps without delay.
Here’s how to do this:
- On your Huawei device, tap on Settings > Application Manager. This will show the list of installed apps.
- Browse and click on the unwanted app(s) that you intend to uninstall.
- Restart your Huawei phone after removing the unwanted apps.
Method 4: Use Factory Reset
Factory Reset is a procedure which resets your Huawei phone back to its original state (in factory mode).
Follow these steps to use factory reset:
- On your Huawei phone, tap on Settings.
- Now, tap on the Backup and Reset menu and then select Backup before you proceed.
- After the Backup process has been completed, locate the Factory reset menu and then tap on it.
- Wait for your device to be restored to factory settings and then restore your data from the previously backed up files.
Note: Ensure you backup your phone data (messages, contacts, music, videos, etc.) before you carry out this operation.
Hope you find this helpful?
Daniel Segun is a technology writer with over 5 years of experience. He loves to teach and inspire others. When he is not writing, he’s probably busy developing websites. You can reach him here.