This tutorial will show you how to fix the black screen error on Candy Crush Soda/Saga.
Candy Crush, from Kings, is available in two variants: Saga and the succeeding variant – Soda. Both editions of the game are quite popular in the gaming world, and they also share a number of errors, prime among which is the “black screen” error.
To fix this error, here are some solutions for you.
Fix: Candy Crush Soda/Saga Black Screen
This black screen error is particularly notorious on Windows mobile & PC (especially on Windows 10), and less on Android and iOS.
In any case. below are some fixes to try:
Fix 1: Use Windows Troubleshooter
The fact that this particular error is mainly encountered on Windows points to a “Windows problem”. Hence, try and run the Windows Store app troubleshooter to fix it.
To do this:
- go to the searchbar in the Start menu
- input “troubleshooting” and select Troubleshooting from the search results
- click on View all
- select Windows Store app and then follow the prompt commands to finish the process.
Launch the game and see if it now works fine. If the problem persists, try the next fix.
Fix 2: Reset Windows Store Cache
To do this:
- click on the Windows + R keys to open “Run” dialog box
- key in “wsreset.exe”
- click Enter and then
- restart device.
Now, launch the game and see if the error is fixed.
Fix 3: Repair Game
To do this (Windows 10):
- go to Start > Settings > Apps
- select Apps & Features > Candy Crush Saga or Candy Crush Soda
- select Repair and then follow on-screen prompts to finish procedure.
Launch game and see if the error is fixed.
Fix 4: Clear Cache
This error is hard to come by on Android/iOS. However, if you somehow encounter the error (on your Android or iOS device), it’s probably a cache error. In this case, you’d have to clear the games’ cache.
To do this:
- go to Settings > Application Manager (or Apps)
- locate “Candy Crush Soda” or “Candy Crush Saga“
- select Clear cache and then relaunch game.
If the fixes above could not fix the error, you can uninstall and reinstall (the latest version of) the game; from Microsoft Store, App Store or Android.
Hope you find this helpful?
Daniel Segun is a technology writer with over 5 years of experience. He loves to teach and inspire others. When he is not writing, he’s probably busy developing websites. You can reach him here.