Downloading media problem is becoming a rampaging problem experienced by many Whatsapp users. So many factors can hinder your Whatsapp from functioning as expected. These factors can be caused by your connection, accuracy of your date and time, and many other reasons.
If you are experiencing downloading media problem, there are effective solutions to fix this problem.
Fix: Download Failed on Whatsapp
Solution 1: Check your internet connection
Ensure that you are connected to the internet because stable internet connectivity allows you to download files on Whatsapp without issues. You can try to switch your mode of internet connectivity as well to check if you are able to download files.
If you still experience the download failed issue, you can try other solutions listed below.
Solution 2: Change your date and time settings
If the time and date setting is incorrect on your mobile device, Whatsapp might stop working.
To reset your date and time:
- Go to Settings > Date and Time
- Use either automatic configuration or manual configuration to set the right time based on your location.
- Restart Whatsapp and download the media file.
Solution 3: Check your SD Card
SD might be the cause of the Whatsapp download failed problem. Your SD might be corrupted, out of space, or not inserted well.
To solve these downloading problems:
- Clear excess files, delete unused file, clear all cache to free up space.
- Check your SD card and be sure it is not on read-only mode. When this is done, try a practical test by saving files from other applications to check if the error persists. If it doesn’t, you are good to go but if it does not work, it is either you change to a new one or format the SD card totally.
Solution 4: Clear Whatsapp cache
Here’s how to do this:
- Go to Settings
- Tap on Applications and select Whatsapp
- Now, tap on clear cache.
- Reboot your phone and launch Whatsapp afterwards.
In conclusion, the Whatsapp download failed problem is caused by a few minor issues and if any of the aforementioned solutions are applied, the issue should be resolved.
Hope you find this helpful?