RealMe’s impressive smartphone, RealMe 2 Pro has amazed the market when it was first released. The company has tried its best and offered the phone which had quite a success. Then, the company took the decision to release a major Android OS update for the smartphone, providing the RealMe 2 Pro with ColorOS 6 besides the Android 9 Pie, which didn’t go as planned.
Following the update, the smartphone encountered, and the release was interrupted. ColorOS 6 came with a number of new features, but it also bought some significant boot looping problems to some users.
Here are the new features included in the lengthy changelog.
Has been updated to ColorOS 6 based on Android Pie
- There have been added notification icons in the status bar
- Lock screen magazine has been added
- It comes with a new navigation gesture
- Added an app drawer to ColorOS launcher
- Riding Mode has been incorporated
- It added Live Wallpaper
- Android Security Patch Level: May 5th, 2019
- The UI of the notification panel has been updated
- The UI of AI Board has also been updated
- It updated the default theme
- Chroma Boost Mode has been added
- Added HAL3 support (however, to use it you have to switch on in the developer options)
- Added RealMe Theme Store
- Added RealMe App Market (specific regions)
- Added RealMe Game Center (specific regions)
- Added RealMe Community (specific regions)
RealMe pushed out a slightly adjusted version of the same firmware for a few pre-registered users. The company then made an official statement concerning the issue and the release of the update saying that it will start rolling out the OTA to users who have registered via the form first, and then release it to the rest of the users who have not signed up.
After a few weeks, the update for RealMe 2 Pro is officially listed on the company’s website, on the software update page.
Nora Reynolds is a major in biology and a minor in Biological Basis of Behavior, writing about science in general. She also likes to try new gadgets and sports about the AI new era.