How to fix ‘Clash of clans’ error 102
Link error 102 is an error encountered by Clash of Clan players while trying to transfer their account to another device using the ‘link a device’ option. The error is displayed as ‘error occurred 102 try again’.
Players may encounter this error when they are having challenges connecting both devices to the internet.
Here are some few simple steps to resolve this error.
How to fix Clash of clans’ error 102
Solution 1: Connect both the new and old device to the same internet network.
You can do this in two ways
- You should connect the old and new device to the same Wi-Fi network at home, work, a friend’s Wi-Fi or a public Wi-Fi and try using the ‘link a device’ option again to transfer your game between two devices.
- You can tether the new device to the internet connection of your old device by switching on the Wi-Fi hotspot on your old device. Switch on the Wi-Fi on your new device and connect to the Wi-Fi hotspot of your old device using the right password.
Solution 2: Link Both accounts to the same Google Play Account
- Link your Google account with your Clash of Clans account on your old device
- Download and install Clash of Clans game on your new device
- Connect your clash of Clans games on your new device to the same Google play account. This will load your Village and progress level on your new device.
Note: do not attempt playing Clash of Clans on both devices at the same time.
If this does not work, you can consider the following options:
- Use the Supercell ID to transfer your Clash of Clans account to your new device if you have both old and new device with you
- Contact Supercell’s customer support, you will be asked questions relating to your Clash of Clans village account. Your account will be restored back to you if you answer all of the questions correctly.
Hope you were able to fix the Clash of Clans error 102 problem? Feel free to share your Clash of Clans error problems with us by dropping a comment below.