Looking to create ringtone for iPhone? Here’s how!
Your ringtone defines your personality; hence, a typically smartphone user spends (or even hours) scouring through his/her playlist to select a suitable song (as ringtone) that best illustrates his/her inner expression.
iOS takes this a step further, by affording iPhone users the opportunity to create their own ringtone, and we’ll be showing you how to do that in this tutorial.
How to Create Ringtone for iPhone
Create Ringtones using GarageBand
Here’s a step-by-step guide to create a song/ringtone with GarageBand:
- Install GarageBand for free here.
- Launch the program on your iPhone.
- Locate and click on the “Plus” (+) icon.
- Tap on the Tracks
- In the Tracks tab; use the Audio recorder to record a new track or simply import a song (from your library).
- Go to the Files tab, and select the imported/recorded song.
- Hold and drag the song towards the top of your screen, and drop it in the app’s main editor.
- Play the song and edit it as you see fit.
- Now, go back to your GarageBand projects.
- Tap on the “downward-arrow” icon.
- Find and select My Songs. The recently created track will show up as My Song.
- Tap and hold-down the song and select Share > Ringtone.
- Tap on Export > Use sound as.
- And select the desired ringtone option (as prompted).
Create Ringtone using iTunes
Outlined below are the steps to follow:
- Update iTunes on your Mac/PC.
- Launch the newly updated iTunes.
- Select a song or soundtrack.
- Crop out the desired portion;
- right-click the song;
- select Song info > Options (tab);
- fill out the Start (e.g 1:30) and Stop (2:00) fields (not more than 30 seconds interval); and
- click OK.
- Now, convert the cropped file to an AAC file: File > Convert > Concert to AAC version.
- Copy and save the file on your Mac/PC. You can also delete the original one.
- Now, change the copied file extension to “.m4r”.
- Connect your iPhone via a USB cable.
- Copy the created file to your iPhone: to On My Device > Tones (tab).
- Set the new song as your ringtone: Settings > Sounds & Haptics > Ringtone.
- Finish up as prompted.
Hope you can now create ringtone for iPhone? Leave us a comment below.