Did you encounter patch manifest download fail on Elder Scrolls Online?
The major reason this error may occur is because your ESO launcher failed to download patch manifest. If you tried the troubleshooting method of rebooting your device and the problem is not resolved, follow up all the solutions below.
Fix: ESO Patch Manifest Download Fail
Note: before troubleshooting make sure a backup is done to copy all host developer. Locate all ESO files and save properly.
Solution 1: Download the Patch Manifest manually
- Shut down ESO Launcher.
- From web browser, download the patch manifest file
- Select and Move files into the Program-data folder of the ESO launcher. It should be located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher\Program-data on default
- Close and then open ESO
- Launch the ESO Launcher
Solution 2: Run the Game as an admin
To do this:
- Close ESO Launcher.
- Right-click on the ESO icon and then select Run as an administrator
This should fix the issue.
Solution 3: Repair the Game Client
To do this:
- Open the ESO
- Click on Game Options.
- Wait for the repair process to finish
- Relaunch to gaming launcher
Solution 4: Delete the Program data
This solution is like clearing cache. There are some unused program data that are stored and in a way is hindering launcher from being repaired. Delete all program data by following the steps below:
- Closing ESO Launcher.
- Select patch installation folder,
- By default, this folder will be located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher\ Program Data.
- Locate Program data folder.
- Delete program data folder
- Close/open the ESO Launcher.
After deleting program data, a menu will display on your window screen showing “creating download” after loading from 21-30%, the launcher will display “downloading file” on your screen menu. In addition, simply re-launch file, and you can start enjoying your game launcher.
Solution 5: Check Visual C++ redistributable
Lastly, from the ESO gaming launcher options, you can install and reinstall either of the following respectively:
- Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015
You will enjoy your gaming and this error will be solved if all solutions listed above can be followed accurately. However, if you do experience the Patch Manifest download fail error problem, you can let us know by commenting below.