You just acquired a new phone and you want to transfer your favourite clash of clans without losing your progress?
Follow this simple guide to safely transfer your clash of clan village to a new device using a Supercell ID irrespective of your device’s OS.
The supercell ID is an ID that backs up and restores your game on any device of your choice. It doesn’t matter whether your device was lost, stolen or damaged.
Fix: How to Transfer Clash of Clans to a new device
Solution 1: Use Supercell ID
- Launch the clash of clans game on your device
- Tap the game settings icon
- In the settings page, tap on the ‘Disconnected’ button in the supercell ID space
- You will be redirected to the Supercell ID page, tap on ‘Register Now’ and follow the procedures to create and verify your Clash of Clans account.
- A 6-digit verification code will be sent to your registered email account, enter the verification code in the space provided on the verification page.
- Tap on the ‘Submit’ button on the verification page to link your Clash of Clans account to your Supercell ID
- Collect your free gems once you are connected to a Supercell ID
To restore your Clash of Clans village account to a new device (this does not take into account the OS of your new device, all you need is your Supercell ID), you should:
- Download and install Clash of Clans to your new device
- Follow steps 1-3 above
- Tap on ‘Log in’ on the Supercell page
- Log in with your registered email address
- On the verification page, enter the 6-digit verification code sent to your email address and tap the ‘submit’ button
- You will be redirected to a page asking you to ‘load game account’
- Tap on the ‘confirm’ button to restore your clash of Clans village to your new device.
Solution 2: how to get your Clash of Clans back without Supercell ID
If you lost your device without creating a Supercell ID or you changed from Android device to iOS device without getting a Supercell ID, try out the following to get back your Clash of Clans village without losing progress. You should note that your village can only be restored back to you once hence you will have to get a supercell ID.
- Go to ‘Help and Support’ in your game settings page
- Tap on ‘Lost village’
- Follow the suggestions. At the end of the page, you will be asked if the suggestions were helpful, tap on ‘No’
- Tap on ‘Contact us’
- You will be asked to provide details of the following before your village can be restored to your new device
Clash username and clan name
Town Hall level
Details of how you lost your village.
Was this helpful?
Daniel Segun is a technology writer with over 5 years of experience. He loves to teach and inspire others. When he is not writing, he’s probably busy developing websites. You can reach him here.