Having a broken screen can be very embarrassing and really annoying. Sometimes, the broken android screen may not be responsive and that is very annoying. Note that there are ways to unlock and use your device even with its broken screen.
Method 1: Android Debug Bridge (ADB)
To use this method, you need to connect your android device to a PC. This method has solved this problem for so many users. Note that the method will only be effective if your device is connected to the USB debug bridge.
The USB debug serves as a link between your PC and your mobile phone. Through this bridge, you can unlock your broken screen phone and share file. To unlock your phone with the debug bridge:
- Download the correct version of Android SDK package on your PC.
- After downloading, extract the zip file on your PC.
- Download/ install the USB driver for your phone.
- Install and open the Command Prompt on your PC.
- Make adb file your directory. And type: CD C:/android/platform-tools
- Using micro USB cable, connect both pc and android.
- Verify if your phone is recognized.
- After verifying phone, two options will display on your PC screen following promptly by filling the commands.
- Fill the command simultaneously. After filling the first command, do the next immediately after typing the first.
N/B you replace the first command with the same code used as password. The two inputs commands are listed below.
adb shell input text 1234
shell input key event 66
This process should solve the problem and unblock device. If not try the next option.
Method 2: USB On-the-Go Mouse Method
You will need an OTG adaptor A USB mouse for your device. This solution should solve the error and give you a better result.
If the first solution does not work for you, you can try this option. This option is for users without Samsung account or USB debug bridge. This solution involves the use of USB mouse method. This method requires you connecting both USB mouse with OTG adaptor and phone together. This process is almost easiest method to use. To use this method to solve the problem simply
- Connect to mouse to phone
- Use mouse to direct the pointer displayed on your screen.
This step is easy. You control pointer to unlock phone and start working. You can also connect phone to PC with a Wi-Fi in order to view things clearer. The OTG adaptor is a strong device that consumes battery so be quick to keep device charged before carrying out this step.
Method 3: Samsung Account Method
In solution3, your device will have to be registered to the Samsung account. After registering your device to a Samsung account, you can unlock your screen through website. However, many android users don’t have a Samsung account but if you have an account already simply follow the steps below:
- Open and log in to Samsung website
- From the menu that will display, select unlock my screen
We cannot always be too careful with our phone that is why the risk of having a phone with a broken screen is pretty high. But with the steps about, your phone will no longer because you cannot access the phone. Regardless of your phone condition, always back up device.