Are you unable to download or update apps from the Google Play Store? Many Android users have experienced this scenario as well.
Several reasons associated with this error includes bloated cache files, poor network connection and even the Google Play Store app itself. Nevertheless, you can apply the troubleshooting methods enlisted below.
Fix: Google Play Store Wont Update or Download Apps
Method 1: Troubleshoot internet connection
Unstable internet connection can be culprit for the Play Store error. Nonetheless, you should troubleshoot your internet connection to resolve this.
Here’s how to troubleshoot your internet connection:
- Turn off your Wi-Fi or internet network.
- Now, turn on the Airplane mode.
- After 10 seconds, turn off the Airplane mode.
- Then reconnect Wi-Fi or Data connection (depending on your mode of internet connectivity).
- Launch Play Store.
Method 2: Remount SD Card
Remounting SD card is another troubleshooting method which can resolve the error.
Here’s how to remount the SD card:
- Go to Settings and then tap on the Storage menu
- Now, tap on Unmount SD card option
- Launch Google Play Store
- Download/update the “app”
- After the download/update process, proceed to Settings.
- Again, go to Storage and tap on the “mount SD card” option.
If you are still unable to download or update apps from the Play Store, then the problem might be from the Play Store itself. Try other solutions below.
Method 3: Uninstall Google Play Store updates
Incompatible Play Store updates can cause the problem. In order to fix it, you need
Here’s how to:
- Go to Settings > Go to Applications
- Locate the Play Store app and then Uninstall Updates
- Restart your device.
- Now, launch Play Store.
Method 4: Clear cache & data
This is the most popular solution to fix all Play Store error.
To clear the Play Store’s cache, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Applications
- Locate and tap Google Play Store
- Select Storage
- Tap on Clear cache and Clear data.
- Again, tap on Google Play Services, and then Clear cache and Clear data.
If you still experience the issue, repeat this procedure for Google Framework. This should resolve the issue.
Let us know if our solutions worked for you. Drop us a comment below.