Pokemon Go is a game like any other game prone to several issues. But before you attempt to troubleshoot the game, you should check your android device to ensure that it meets up with Pokemon Go’s requirement, because this can be a major issue troubling many players attempting to play the game on their android device
Pokemon Go’s requirement for Android smartphones
- Android OS 4.4 or a higher version
- RAM capacity not lower than 2gb
- GPS enabled smartphone
- Compatible with other processors, but NOT compatible with Intel Atom Processors.
- Not readily compatible with Android tablets.
- Screen Display resolution of 1280 x 720 or higher
If your Android phone meets up with the requirement and Pokemon Go is not working on your device, try out the recommended fixes
Fix: Pokemon Go not working on Android
Solution 1: Enable the ‘Developer’ option
- Launch your smartphone’s settings
- Scroll down to ‘About Phone’
- Tap on ‘Build Number’ for a minimum of 5 times to activate the developer option
- Once in the developer option, check for ‘Don’t Keep Activities’
- Ensure that the ‘Don’t Keep Activities’ box is unchecked by unchecking it.
- Exit the settings and re-launch the game to verify if it will work.
Solution 2: Clear Pokemon Go’s cache and data
- You should access your phone’s settings from the launcher
- Check through the settings for ‘Apps’
- Tap on ‘Apps’ to display a list of installed apps on your phone
- Tap on the Pokemon Go’s app >> ‘Clear Cache’/’Clear Data’.
- Confirm your action.
- Relaunch the game, hopefully, it will work. if it doesn’t, try out the next fix
Solution 3: Backup and reset your phone
- From your phone’s settings, scroll down to ‘Backup & Reset’
- Tap on ‘Backup & Reset’
- Ensure that the toggle button for ‘Automatic restore’ is switched on.
- You should tap on ‘Factory data reset’ >> ‘Reset Phone’
- Confirm your action to reset the phone and proceed as directed.
- After the reset is completed, set up your phone
- Launch your Google Play Store and re-download and install the Pokemon Go app.
- Launch the game and sign in.
Was this helpful?
Daniel Segun is a technology writer with over 5 years of experience. He loves to teach and inspire others. When he is not writing, he’s probably busy developing websites. You can reach him here.