Pokemon Go players all around the world have reported ‘Failed to log in’ errors that have prevented them from playing the game. The major cause of this error has been attributed to Pokemon Go’s servers.
However, we have enlisted troubleshooting solutions below to rectify the error.
Fix: Failed to log in Pokemon Go error
Solution 1: Force-Stop and restart the Pokemon Go gaming app
- Launch ‘Settings’ from your phone launcher
- Scroll through to locate ‘Apps’
- Scroll to the ‘Pokemon Go’ app and tap on it.
- On the app info page, tap on ‘FORCE STOP’
- Exit settings and re-launch the app.
Solution 2: Uninstall and re-install while ‘Airplane’ mode is enabled
- You should uninstall the Pokemon Go app from your device
- Download and install the Pokemon Go app from the Google Play Store or any other app store.
- Turn on ‘Airplane Mode’ by accessing your phone’s settings, >> Wireless & networks’ >> ‘More’ >> ‘Airplane Mode’. Toggle to turn on.
- Launch the installed Pokemon Go game
- Ignore the error messages that say ‘No internet connectivity’
- Hold on for the progress bar to be loaded completely
- You will be prompted to sign in using your Google, Facebook or PTC account
- Go back to your phone’s settings and toggle off the ‘Airplane mode’
- Hold on for the internet connectivity error to disappear from the screen
- Sign in using your Google, Facebook or PTC account.
Solution 3: Clear Pokemon Go’s cache and data from your device
- Exit Pokemon Go app and repeat steps 1-3 in solution 1.
- Tap on ‘Storage >> ‘CLEAR DATA’ >> ‘OK’ to clear data and cache.
- Launch the Pokemon Go app and log in with your Google or PTC account.
Solution 4: Use a single Google Account on your Device
‘Error logging in’ can be experienced by a player with multiple Google account on a device. If you have more than a single Google account on your device and you’re experiencing this problem, delete other Google accounts and keep only the Google account registered with Pokemon Go.
Solution 5: Link your PTC account with your Google or Facebook Account
More Pokemon Go players are playing using their PTC account than players using their Google or Facebook account. This places more pressure on PTC servers causing it to have issues frequently during peak periods.
To fix this issue, link your PTC account with your Google account.
Was this helpful?