There are numerous free streaming services available all over the internet, but Popcorn Time is among the most secure and popular among all. Popcorn Time is available to download and install on Android, Windows, iOS, and also PlayStation 3 and 4.
Here is how to get the service on PlayStation so you can enjoy plenty of TV shows and movies on your favorite console.
Popcorn Time is not accessible to PS by default, but there is a way to get it on your console. Read below how to download and install it on your PS3 or PS4 and use it as a media center.
Download and Install Popcorn Time on PlayStation
Even though numerous app developers want to create a native streaming app for PlayStation, there is no trace of it yet. However, you don’t need to wait for the app to stream movies and TV shows on your console. These are the instructions on how to download and install Popcorn Time on your PlayStation console.
- Install Popcorn Time on your Windows, MAC or Linux PC
- Now, download and install Plex on your computer
- Launch Popcorn Time and go to ‘Settings,’ which is located at the top corner of the screen
- Select ‘Show Advanced Settings’ option, and go to ‘Cache Directory’
- Move to ‘Users/Username/Documents’
- Create a folder. For the sake of this guideline, we will name it ‘PT streaming app’
- Now open the Plex media player and create a new library. To do so, click on the ‘+’ sign, which is located in the left sidebar
- Choose the ‘Movies’ category and set the path to ‘Cache Dictionary’
- Figure out your IPv4 address. To do so, open the terminal (on Mac) by typing ‘ifconfig’
- Type the IPv4 address in your console’s browser
- NOTE that you should add ‘:34000/home/index.html’ at the end of the IPv4 address
- Plex and Popcorn Time will appear on your PS3/PS4 screen, connected
- You can now enjoy movies and TV shows on your console
We recommend that you use a VPN before you browse Popcorn Time content. Free streaming services can cause trouble as numerous such websites offer copyrighted content so, for the sake of your online security, use a VPN.
Daniel Kiss is the senior editor for News Lair. Daniel was working as a writer since he finished high-school, first for local papers then he started online, nowadays he likes to write about the latest games and tech innovations.