Did you get the error prompt “App could not be downloaded due to an error. (905).” on Play Store? In this post, we will show you how to correct this.
Error code 905 occurs during app installation as a result of inactive screen and bloated Play Store cache. In order to correct this, you can apply the solutions we enumerated below.
How to fix Play Store Error 905
Solution 1: Keep Android Screen Active
An inactive screen display is one of the common factor responsible for the error code 905 issue. Hence, you need to ensure that your device screen does not sleep most especially during app download.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on Display
- Then tap on Sleep.
- Select “Never” or longest time available.
- Re-download the app again
Solution 2: Clear cache and data
Cached data could be responsible for the error code 905 problem. To fix this, you should clear Play Store cache from your device. This method has work for many Android users; hence, you can attempt it.
- Go to Settings > Applications > Play Store
- Now, tap the Clear Cache option
- Then, re-try the app downloads from Play Store.
Solution 3: Uninstall Play Store Updates
Incompatible Play Store updates can cause this error problem as well. Hence, you should uninstall the recent Play Store updates from you device.
- Go to Settings > Applications
- Tap on Play Store from the installed apps list.
- Next, tap Uninstall updates option
- Subsequently, re-download app(s) from Play Store.
This should resolve the error.
If you still encounter Play Store 905 error, check your internet connection and ensure it is stable before you launch Play Store.
Nevertheless, share your Play Store issues with us by commenting below.