Did you get the error code 497 while downloading Facebook from Google Play? Let’s show you easy fixes.
Many Facebook devotees encountered getting the error prompt:
“Facebook couldnot be downloaded….Error 497”
It has been discovered that the error may be from the Google Play itself or due to software conflicts. Follow through these solutions to fix it.
How to fix Facebook Error 497 on Google Play
Solution 1: Reboot your device
First of all, you need to reboot your device so as to fix the problem.
- Press the “Power” button. This will initiate the power menu.
- Select “Reboot“.
- Wait for the complete reboot process.
- Then, proceed to Google Play to download Facebook
If you are still unable to download Facebook, proceed to the next solution.
Solution 2: Clear Google Play Cache and Data
Software conflicts emanating from Google Play Store can prevent the Facebook app download. Hence, you must clear Google Play cache and data.
Here’s how to do this:
- Go to Settings > Applications
- Tap on Play Store
- Clear Cache and Data
- Also, Clear Cache for Google Play Service
- Afterwards, reboot your device.
- Then, re-download the Facebook app.
Solution 3: Unmount SD card
Faulty SD card can cause error code 497 problem. However, remounting your SD can resolve this.
- Go to Setting > Storage >
- Scroll down and tap “Unmount SD card”
- Launch Google Play Store
- Download/Update Facebook app again
- After installation, go back to Settings > Storage
- Then tap on “mount SD card”
If your SD card is faulty, kindly replace it and then re-download FB.
Solution 4: Reinstall Facebook app
If you encounter the Play Store error 497 while updating Facebook, reinstall the app can fix the issue.
Follow these steps to reinstall FB
- Go Settings > Apps.
- Locate Facebook and then tap on Force Close
- After that, tap on uninstall.
- Then launch Google Play and re-download Facebook app again
This should fix the issue.
Hope you were able to fix the Facebook 497 error problem? Comment below to share your Facebook issues with our team.