Major Websites and online platforms are gradually transiting away from Flash player. However, many sites still rely on Adobe Flash Player for viewing and displaying multimedia contents and implementing rich internet applications.
In some cases, users have reported issues with Adobe Flash player.
How to Troubleshoot Adobe Flash Player in Windows 10
Solution 1: Enable Flash Player
If you have trouble viewing sites with Flash content, you may need to enable Adobe Flash Player on your PC if it is disabled. Follow the steps below to enable Adobe Flash Player on Window’s 10 Microsoft Edge browser.
- Launch your Microsoft Edge browser
- Click on the Menu (3 horizontal dots) at the top-right of your edge browser
- Click on ‘Settings’ at the bottom of the menu list
- In the advanced settings section, click on ‘View advanced settings’
- Toggle on ‘Use Adobe Flash Player’ button
- Refresh or re-launch the webpage.
For other web browsers, you will need to enable Adobe Flash Player manually.
- Launch the Mozilla Firefox explorer
- Go to Menu from your browser
- Click on ‘Add-ons’
- Click on the plug-in icon (fourth icon by the right)
- Click on ‘Shockwave Flash’>> click on the Menu (three horizontal dots)
- Ensure that the ‘Ask to Activate’ option is ticked
- You can choose to debug ad-on from ‘Shockwave Flash’ settings.
Solution 2: Update Windows 10
Window’s Microsoft edge is inbuilt with Adobe Flash player. Therefore, updating Windows 10 will automatically update Adobe Flash Player. Follow the steps below to update Windows 10.
- Click on ‘Settings’ in the start menu >> Click on ‘Update & security’
- Click on ‘Check for updates’
- Updates will install automatically if available
- Alternatively, you can manually download and install the latest update for Adobe Flash player from Microsoft Update Catalog
- Search through the catalog for the appropriate flash update for you PC
Solution 3: Download and Install the latest version of Adobe Flash Player
- Reinstall Adobe Flash Player by visiting Adobe’s Download page
- Check/uncheck the optional offers based on your needs
- Click on ‘install now’ to begin the installation process
- Download and save the installer
- Run the installer
- Check the ‘Allow Adobe to install updates’ circle
- Click on ‘Next’ to start Adobe Flash Player downloading process.
- Click on ‘Restart your browser’ before clicking on ‘Finish.’
Was this helpful?