Minecraft Pocket Edition is a great game to play on mobile and desktop devices without any glitches. However, some players have reported experiencing an error message that says ‘Invalid name’ when trying to connect to a Minecraft PE server.
The fixes below describe how to fix the ‘Invalid name’ error on Minecraft PE should you encounter such.
How to fix Invalid Name error on Minecraft Pocket Edition
Solution 1: Check the username
Make sure your user name does not contain any space or special characters. If you’re still experiencing the same error, try the next recommended fix.
Solution 2: Change your Username
Windows 10 edition of Minecraft does not support changing username. To change a username, players have to log into their Minecraft account on Mojang’s official website.
Conditions for changing user names
- Players with account not older than 30 days cannot change their user name
- Players are entitled to change their user names once in 30 days.
- Players cannot change their username to a name chosen by another player
- Usernames must contain more than two characters
- Usernames should not contain any special characters other than letters, numbers, and underscores.
To change your user name,
- Visit Mojang’s official website on your web browser.
- Click on ‘ACCOUNT’ at the top-right of Mojang’s webpage and click on ‘Log in’ at the top-right of the page.
- Enter your registered email address and password in the ‘Login’ section and click on ‘Log in’ to access your account
- Navigate to the ‘Profile Name’ section at the middle of the page and click on ‘(Change)’ next to your current user name.
- Type your desired profile name in the space marked ‘New profile name.’ Click on ‘Check availability’ to check if other players do not already take your new username. If the user name is not available, you will see a red-inked message that says ‘username is in use.’ Try spelling your username differently or try another username. If the user name is available, you will see a green display of ‘username is available.’
- Enter your password you use to log into your account.
- Click on ‘Change name’ to change your current username to your new username.
- The name change will reflect in your next login on your Minecraft Pocket edition.
- Mojang will retain your old username for the next seven. After seven days, you cannot revert to your former username.
Was this helpful?