The Facebook Lite is a version of the Facebook app that is designed to use less data, and work on old Android versions. Facebook Lite connects well in areas with 2G networks, slow or unstable network connectivity.
If your Facebook Lite app is not working on mobile data connection, try out the recommended fixes below
Fix: Facebook Lite not working on mobile data
Solution 1: Check and test your network connectivity
Launch your web browser and try accessing Google’s website. If you cannot connect to Google website, then you are having issues with your connectivity. You can also try launching other apps that work with internet connection like your Google Play store app.
- Reset your network configuration. You can choose to reset your network configuration automatically by getting in touch with your network provider for configuration settings or reset your configuration settings manually.
- To reset your network configuration manually, Open your phone’s settings
- Under ‘Wireless & Networks,’ Navigate to ‘More’ >> ‘Cellular networks’>> ‘Access Point Names.
- Check online for your network configuration details to reconfigure your APN.
- After reconfiguring your APN manually or automatically, restart your mobile device
- Re-launch your Facebook lite app and try connecting to your Facebook account.
Solution 2: Use a VPN
If you’re still having issues connecting with your Facebook lite using mobile data, try connecting through a VPN.
- Open your Google Play Store App
- Type ‘Free VPN’ in your Google Play Store App and tap the search icon.
- Tap ‘Install’ on any free VPN of your choice.
- Connect to your VPN after installation
- Launch your Facebook App and try connecting to your Facebook account.
Solution 3: Unplug all connected devices
- Switch off your device
- Remove the battery, sim cards, memory cards and other connected devices
- Wait for about 10 minutes or more
- Insert your battery, sim cards and other connected devices
- Power up your phone.
Solution 4: Update your Facebook lite
- Launch your Google Play Store app
- Swipe right across the Google Play Store page from the left or tap the Menu (three horizontal bars at the top-left of the Google Play Store page) to display your dashboard
- On your dashboard, tap on ‘My apps & games’
- Search through the displayed list for ‘Facebook lite app.’
- Tap on the ‘Update’ button of the Facebook lite app to start the updating process.
Was this helpful?
Daniel Segun is a technology writer with over 5 years of experience. He loves to teach and inspire others. When he is not writing, he’s probably busy developing websites. You can reach him here.