This post is meant for Android users who have come across the Google Play Store error 505. Herein, we’ll be showing you effective solutions you can apply to fix the problem.
Google Play Store error 505 usually occurs while downloading apps onto Android device from the Play Store. It mostly occurs while downloading notable Android apps such as WeChat, Skype, Instagram, FaceApp, Weather Apps, etc.
Bloated Google Play Store cache memory and software conflicts among others are notable reasons for this frustrating problem.
Therefore, we will show you how to resolve this problem without stress.
Fix: Google Play Store Error 505
Solution 1: Re-add Google Account
An easy solution you can attempt to fix this error problem is to re-add your Google account.
To re-add your Google account, simply:
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on Accounts option.
- Now, click on Google option.
- Tap on Remove Google account.
- Then re-add your Google Account from Settings > Accounts > Google > Add
This should fix the Google Play Store error 505 problem instantly.
Solution 2: Clear the bloated Cache and Data
Another effective solution application in fixing the error code 505 problem is to clear the Google Play Store cache and data.
Here’s how to do this:
- Press the Menu button > Settings
- From the Settings display, tap Application > Manage Applications> Play Store.
- Now, tap the Clear Cache menu
- Also, tap the Clear Data as well.
- Then, reboot your device and launch Google Play Store.
Note: You can make use of cache cleaners as well to clear bloated cache from your device in order to prevent issues.
Solution 3: Update your Android OS
Lastly, Google Play Store error 505 is mostly common on devices with low Android OS. Hence, it is highly recommended that you update your current Android version to the latest and compatible version.
Here’s how to do this:
Note: Ensure you have an active strong internet connection before attempting this procedure.
- Go to Settings > About phone
- Now, Tap on System Update
- Then Click on the Update Option
- After the Update process is completed, launch Google Play Store
This should fix the issue.
We do hope that our solutions have worked for you. In case you experience any other Google Play Store errors on your Android device, you can leave us a comment below or contact us.