The camera flash module on most android phones can also function as a Led lamp which can come in handy, especially in dark places.
Moreover, the Flashlight toggle feature was introduced in Android 5.0 to enable instant turning on/off of the flashlight.
How to turn on Flash Light
There are several ways applicable in switching on your device’s flashlight
Solution 1: use the flashlight mode from your device’s control panel
- Pull down the notification bar and tap on the flashlight icon at the top of the notification bar
- Tap on the flashlight to toggle it on/off
- If your device does not have a flashlight icon at the top of the notification bar, slide down the notification bar continuously to reveal your device’s control panel
- Locate the flashlight icon in the control panel and toggle it on/off.
Solution 2: use a flashlight app
- Launch your Google Play Store app on your device
- Type’ flashlight app’ in the Google Play Store search bar
- Tap on any flashlight app of your choice from the search result
- Tap on install and wait for the flashlight app to install on your device
- Open the flashlight app and light your way.
Solution 3: Use the Google Assistant
Google Assistant is available on Android devices running on Android 6.0 or higher version. With Google Assistant, users can interact with their device using voice prompt.
- Long-press the home button of your device to launch google assistant
- Speak to your device saying ‘OK Google, turn on the flashlight.’
- Flashlight turns on
- You say ‘OK Google, turn off the flashlight.’
- Flashlight turns off
Alternatively, instead of using voice prompt, type ‘turn on the flashlight’ to switch on the flashlight and ‘turn off the flashlight’ to switch it off.
Use finger gesture (on OnePlus devices only)
If you’re using OnePlus device, all you need to do is draw the letter ‘V’ with your finger on the screen while in sleep mode.
To activate the finger gesture for your OnePlus device,
- Open your device’s settings and tap on ‘Gestures.’
- Enable the ‘Toggle flashlight’ option in ‘Gestures.’
- Exit your device’s settings
- While the screen is off, draw the letter ‘V’ with your finger.
Was this helpful?