FIFA 21 is now less than a month away and the news just keeps coming!
But what will the game look like on PS5? Keep reading for more.
Latest News – PS5 Showcase Announced!
Microsoft came out with some big announcements last week, now it’s Sony’s turn.
September 16 is the date for the diaries as Sony promise to reveal more about their upcoming console.
They’ve kept quiet about what exactly we can expect, but there is the real possibility of more information on pricing and a release date.
Head over here to find out all the important details on how you can follow what is set to be a huge event in the PS5 calendar!
Sony has not yet revealed the official release date for the PS5, however we do know it is coming for Holiday 2020.
The release date for the Xbox Series X | S has been announced for Tuesday, 10 November.
We’re predicting that FIFA 21 will be playable on PS5 in November too, but without any official announcement, we can only speculate at this time.
Next-Gen FIFA 21 Game Features Confirmed
Following EA Play, EA has announced a series of next gen features for FIFA 21!
Key features on next gen consoles include:
- Blazing fast load times – get to kick-off in seconds
- Controller haptics – feel every shot, kick, pass, and tackle in your hands
Graphics and Visuals
- Deferred Lighting and Rendering – a new lighting system creates more detail in every part of the stadium
- Re-imagined player bodies – next-gen technology takes players to a whole new level of realism
- Enhanced animation technology – new animations create ultra-responsive and realistic player movement
- Off-ball humanisation – from adjusting shin pads to screaming for passes, feel all the emotion of football at the highest level
Next Level Atmospheres
- Gameday immersion – contextual player, bench, and fan reactions let you feel the explosive passion of a last-minute winner
FIFA 21 Loading times on PS5
We know that FIFA 21 will be playable on PS5, thanks to EA’s dual entitlement, however, the game doesn’t appear to be getting its own release for the next-gen console.
PS5 is rumoured to have incredibly fast loading times. One minute in the PS4 world (generally speaking) equates to around 2 seconds in the PS5 world.
There are numerous demos online, which showcase this amazing improvement, but what could we expect for FIFA 21?
We’re confident that the game will benefit from PS5 enhancements, so you may be able to be jump into the action quicker than ever before!
FIFA 21 Release Date
EA has confirmed that FIFA 21 will launch on current-gen consoles on October 9, 2020.
If you pre-order the FIFA 21 Ultimate Edition or Champions Edition you’ll be able to play from October 6.
READ MORE: Everything we know about FIFA 21’s Editions
The EA Access (PS4, Xbox One) and Origin Access (PC) Play First Trials will start on October 1.
Is the Trailer footage from PS5?
The graphics on display in the trailer appear to be current-gen, so the chances of it being from the PS5 are slim.
There’s not much information on FIFA 21 for PS5, as the title doesn’t appear to be getting a PS5 release, but rather it will be released for current-gen and playable on PS5.
When will we see PS5 footage?
PS5 is around the corner, and while there are rumours upon rumours, we still can’t confirm a concrete release date – asides from the Holiday 2020 window.
Everyone may be interested to see how FIFA 21 benefits for the impressive power of the PS5. Loading times, frames per second, resolution could all be improved when the game is played on the next-gen machine.
READ MORE: FIFA 21 PS4 vs PS5
It could make sense that roughly a month or so before the release of the PS5 would be a good time to show off FIFA 21 for next-gen, but we’ll have to speculate at this point.
FIFA 21 Cover Star
Little surprise here, PSG star Kylian Mbappe is the front man for FIFA 21.
What is a surprise is to see the Frenchman grace all three covers of the game – check them out here.
FIFA 21 PS5 Price
To go along with the lack of confirmed release date, there is also no price as of yet for FIFA 21 on PS5.
However, it looks like EA has you covered if you go ahead with the PS4 purchase…
Free upgrade to PS5
Those that buy FIFA 21 on PS4 can get a free upgrade to PS5 when Sony’s new hardware arrives, a feature called dual entitlement.
That means there’s no need to pay for the game twice!
READ MORE: Everything we know about the FIFA 21 Demo
In addition, you’ll be able to carry over your FUT and VOLTA progress from one console to the next.
What to expect from the PS5
Earlier in the year, Sony’s system architect, Mark Cerny, shed some light on what we can expect from the new console.
More powerful CPU and GPU
- Improved graphics and visual effects
- 8K supported graphics (if you have a TV which supports 8K)
- System memory increased in size and speed
- Ability to download larger files
Speed and better visuals is all that gamers could ask for in a new generation of consoles. But that’s not all that’s coming.
- Models the travel of light to simulate complex interactions in 3D environments
- Leads to heightened realism, as it allows accurate mimicking of how light bounces off different objects
Ray tracing has been seen as a mode in certain games like Minecraft, and if it can make a significant impact on the sandbox game, imagine what it could do for FIFA.
- Increased immersion with sounds coming from above, behind and around
- Requires no external hardware, but headphone audio will lead to the best results
Better audio means better immersion, which makes everything on the screen more enjoyable.
- Reduced loading times both on loading screens and fast travel across open-world games
- Increased speed of how a world can be rendered
- Cerny demonstrated how Spiderman moved faster through the streets of Manhattan, due to the faster ability to get data off the improved hard drive
No manager hanging around on loading screens, so you can get through Career Mode campaigns in a flash!
Ernestina Saenz Salcido is a reporter for News Lair. She mostly writes on her free time about gadgets and tech news. When she’s not working she takes care of her 2 daughters.