Google Chrome is the ideal mobile web browser for every iOS device users. Due to its intuitive user interface, any iOS users will find this Google product reliable for surfing the web without issues.
However, Google Chrome for iOS users encounters militating issues on their devices while using the app. One of such issues is the Google Chrome for iOS not syncing problem. This problem prevents users from being able to sync their browser data such as bookmarks, passwords, etc. on their iOS device.
If you also encounter this sad Google Chrome issue, we will show you effective workarounds to fix the problem.
Fix: Google Chrome for iOS Not Syncing
Solution 1: Enter your Sync Passphrase
You need to input your Sync passphrase so as to commence the syncing process.
- Launch Google Chrome for iOS and then tap on the Chrome Settings.
- In the Chrome Settings window, tap on your profile and then tap on Sync.
- Now, tap on Encryption and enter your passphrase, and then tap Submit.
Solution 2: Check Chrome Sync Settings
You need to check your Chrome Sync settings to ensure that the Chrome Sync is turned on for your browsing data.
- Here’s how to check your Chrome Sync Settings:
- Launch the Chrome app and then tap on Settings.
- Now, tap on your profile and then tap on Sync.
- Toggle on the specific browsing data which you want to sync (i.e bookmarks, passwords, browsing history, taps, etc.
Alternatively, you can toggle on the Sync Everything option to sync all your browsing data across connected devices.
Solution 3: Sign Out of Chrome and back
Another applicable solution to fix the Google Chrome syncing problem is to sign out of the browser and then sign in again.
- In the Chrome Settings window, tap on your profile and Sign Out of Chrome
- Follow the prompts to confirm the Sign Out process.
- Now, launch the app switcher and swipe Chrome app upwards to force-quit.
- Relaunch Chrome browser and then sign in to the browser.
This should resolve the issue.
If you still encounter the ‘Google Chrome for iOS not syncing’ problem, you can try other solutions such as update Google Chrome or reinstall the app entirely to fix the problem.
Let us know any of your iOS issues by placing a comment below.