iOS 12 is without doubt one of the popular iOS version which provides users with unlimited personalization features. However, iOS 12 has some bugs which generated nasty experience for iOS users.
One of the nagging iOS 12 issues is the Settings app crashes. After launching the Settings app, the app becomes unresponsive for some moment and eventually crash. This issue was reported by many iOS 12 users. Even though, this issue is absent across iOS 13 devices, some iOS 12 users have requested for help in fixing this problem. You can check out the troubleshooting solutions enlisted below to fix the problem.
Fix: Settings App crash on iOS 12
Solution 1: Restart Device
If the Settings App on your iOS device freezes and then crashes, restarting your device might be the best way to fix the problem. In essence, restarting your device resets your Operating System and resolves available glitches.
Here’s how to restart your iOS 12 device:
- Hold down the Power button for a few seconds. On iPhone X and newer models, hold down the Power button and then press either the Volume Up/Down button.
- When the power menu screen appears, Slide to Power Off. This will switch off the device.
- Wait for 20 seconds and then Press the Power button until the Apple logo appears.
- After restarting your device, launch the Settings app.
Note: You can use the Settings app for a while to check if the error persists. But if you still encounter the problem, you can try the next solution.
Solution 2: Force-Quit Settings App
Another solution applicable in fixing the Settings App problem is to force-quit the app whenever the freezing occurs.
Here’s how to force-quit the Settings app:
- Launch the app switcher immediately after the Settings app issue occurs.
- From the app switcher, locate the Settings app and then swipe it upwards to force-quit it.
- Afterwards, launch Settings app.
Lastly, you may consider other solutions such as updating your iOS version to the latest (i.e. iOS 13) or downgrading to lower iOS version. But, any of the aforementioned solutions can fix the Settings app crashed on iOS 12 problem.
Drop your comments below.
Daniel Segun is a technology writer with over 5 years of experience. He loves to teach and inspire others. When he is not writing, he’s probably busy developing websites. You can reach him here.