Looking to set custom notifications for your favorite WhatsApp contacts? This tutorial will show you how.
WhatsApp is the ultimate instant messaging platform today, boasting of over 2 billion active users across the globe. One of the interesting things about the app is its flexibility, which affords users the opportunity to customize/personalize the app.
A notable mention here is the “Custom notifications” feature, which can be deployed to assign specific notifications to specific contacts or groups.
To learn more about this feature, follow through this tutorial.
How to Set Notifications for Your Favorite WhatsApp Contacts
This procedure is quite easy, but it could be a little tricky for those who don’t know their way around the app. With this feature, you are afforded the opportunity of assigning specific notifications to your favorite contacts. This way, you’re able to determine the sender of a particular message, the moment such message pops in.
If you are in the dark on how to set custom notifications for your favorite contacts, below is a step-by-step guide for you:
Note: Ensure you are running the latest version of WhatsApp. Older versions may not have this feature.
- Launch WhatsApp on your smartphone or tablet.
- Open the chat window of a target contact. If you don’t have an ongoing chat with the person, you can easily open a new chat window by clicking on the person’s name on your contact list.
- In the chat window, click on the profile name of the contact (at the top of the screen display).
- In the next window, click on “Custom notifications”.
- Under Custom notifications, check the “Use custom notifications” box.
- Customize the notifications for that contact as you see fit
- Apply changes and exit window.
Follow this procedure to customize all your favorite WhatsApp contacts. And you are all set!
Today, a typical WhatsApp user receives hundreds of messages per hour, and most of these messages are usually spams and BCs from group chats, which could be really annoying.
However, with the “custom notifications” feature, you can now assign customized notifications to your favorite contacts. This way, you know when you receive an important message and otherwise.
Was this helpful?
Daniel Segun is a technology writer with over 5 years of experience. He loves to teach and inspire others. When he is not writing, he’s probably busy developing websites. You can reach him here.