Getting a new phone is very exciting. However, Whatsapp users may discover that their WhatsApp messages are missing on their new devices.
On the other hand, old chat history doesn’t transfer automatically to a new phone. However, we will show you how to transfer Whatsapp messages from iPhone to Android in this post.
How to Transfer WhatsApp Messages
Method 1: Use Local Backup
For this method to work, you need to backup your data on your old device. This will allow you retrieve your Whatsapp message on another device.
To do this, follow the procedures below.
- Locate your WhatsApp settings, and tap on backup data.
- Uninstall WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Install WhatsApp on you Android.
- In the process of registering, you will be asked if you want to retrieve backed up data, click restore.
That’s it! Your messages will be recovered.
Method 2: Use PC
This process involves backing up your data on PC, and restoring them onto your Android device.
- Backup data to your PC.
- Connect your iPhone to the PC(ITunes is not required), and save folder.
- Copy the Whatsapp folder.
- Connect your Android device via USB support, and transfer WhatsApp data to your phone.
- Restore backed up data.
Method 3: Use Email Chat
This simply involves backing up data with the use of email chat. You should apply the steps listed below to carry out this task effectively.
- Go to WhatsApp settings on your iPhone.
- Locate the chat settings and hit “Email Chats” from the list.
- Choose the particular chat history you would like to transfer.
- Put down your email address and send data.
Method 4: Use automated solution
ICareFone is an automated solution for this action. To transfer WhatsApp messages on iPhone, follow these steps:
- Download and install ICareFone on your PC/Mac, get your iPhone and Android connected.
- Click on ‘transfer’ to begin the transfer process.
- Wait for the transfer process.
Was this helpful?