In this post, we will show you how to resolve Google Play Store error 18 with effective workarounds.
During update of important Android apps such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc, the Play Store error 18 code pops up. Whenever this error pops up, the app installation process gets halted.
Hence, we will provide you with effective workarounds to resolve this error code without hassles.
Fix: Google Play Store error 18
Solution 1: Reboot your Android device
Basically, you can resolve the error code 18 problem simply by rebooting your Android device. Moreover, restarting your device can eliminate any software glitches responsible for the Play Store error.
In order to reboot your Android device, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the “Power” button.
- On the Power menu, select “Restart“.
- After that, launch Play Store.
If you still experience Google Play Store error 18 after this procedure, you can proceed to the next solution.
Solution 2: Remount SD card
Remounting your SD card can fix this problematic situation. This solution requires that you unmount your SD card before the app update and then remount the SD card afterwards.
- Go to Settings > Storage
- Scroll down and select “Unmount SD card”
- Go to Google Play Store
- Download the app again
- After successful installation, go to Settings
- Tap on Storage and then Mount SD card.
Alternatively, you can replace the SD card if it is faulty so as to prevent app update issues.
Solution 3: Clear Cache and Data
Another primal solution applicable in resolving Play Store error code 18 problem is to clear Google Play Store cache and data.
- Go to Settings > Applications
- Find Google Play Store, Clear Cache and Clear Data
- Also, Clear Cache and Clear Data for:
Google Play Service
Google Services Framework
- After that, restart your device.
- Next, launch Google Play Store.
Finally, you should ensure you have a strong internet connection before accessing Google Play Store. Nonetheless, any of the enlisted solutions should fix Play Store error code 18 problem.
Share your Google Play Store error code number below. Leave us a comment.