Did you get the insufficient storage space error prompt on your iOS device? Let’s show you how to fix this.
Insufficient storage space is usually caused by excess cache or long list of installed apps. Apply these provided methods to fix that.
How to resolve insufficient storage space error problem on your iOS device
Method 1: Delete unwanted messages
When you have excess message conversation on iMessage such as messages with attachments, it has been observed that this can cause the insufficient storage space error problem.
In order to delete those unwanted messages, do this:
- Launch the iMessage app.
- Tap Edit. This is located at the upper-left corner of the screen.
- From the message conversations row, tap on the messages you intend to delete. Alternatively, tap on the radio button for the unwanted messages.
- Now, tap on delete. This is an option located at the lower-left corner of the screen display.
- Start the message deletion process.
Method 2: Clear Cache
Caches are log files which can take over your available storage space within a short period of time. Hence, it is highly recommended that you clear your cache most especially when you entangle the insufficient storage space error problem.
While there are designated cache cleaner apps for this purpose, you can also manually clear cache.
Here’s how to manually clear cache on your iOS device:
- Go to settings and locate Applications list.
- Tap on each ‘heavyweight’ applications such as Whatsapp, Safari, Instagram, etc. and clear cache.
Note: you may have to re-logging to apps which you cleared their cache.
Method 3: Free up storage space
In order to free up your storage space, you need to remove unwanted apps as well as unimportant media files on your iOS device.
- Go to Settings > General
- In the General menu, tap on Storage and icloud usage > Manage Storage
- Locate apps utilizing excess storage space.
- Tap on the delete option to delete the app(s).
Since you can’t uninstall built-in apps, you can clear off their data to free up the memory space. Also, consider using a large sized micro-SD card compatible with your device.
Hope you were able to fix the error? Leave a comment below.