Want to fix Play Store error 504 problem? Check out our troubleshooting methods.
Play Store error 504 is one of the Google Play gateway timeout errors which halts download process. It is caused by unstable or poor internet connections. Therefore, you should fix the issue by applying the enlisted solutions.
Fix: Google Play Store Error 504
Solution 1: Reset your internet connection
Active internet connection plays a major role in ensuring successful app installation. However, Android users with poor internet connection status will be timed out with the Play Store error 504 code.
In order to fix this, you can reset your internet connection.
- Go to Settings > Tap More
- Tap the Airplane mode ‘On’ for a couple of minutes.
- After that, turn it off and then reconnect to the internet.
- Then, launch Play Store
- Download the app(s).
Alternatively, switch to a better ISP or internet connection point for a better reception. If you still bump across error 504 problem again, proceed to the next solution.
Solution 2: Re-add your Google Account
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on Accounts option.
- Now, click on Google option.
- Tap on Remove
- Next, go to Settings > Accounts > Add Account > Google Account.
- Open Play Store again.
Solution 3: Clear Play Store Cache and Data
You should be able to fix Play Store error 504 by clearing the Play Store cache. Follow these steps to do that.
- Go to Settings > Applications
- Find Play Store > Clear Cache
- Launch Play Store.
- Then, re-download the app(s)
Solution 4: Use VPN app
With the aid of a VPN, you can spoof your internet region. Nonetheless, you can also use VPN to resolve the Play Store error 504 problem. Besides, notable VPNs such as NordVPN, SurfShark, etc. are highly recommended for this.
To install VPN app, do this:
- Manually install the apk file for the VPN of your choice.
- Then, launch the VPN app and connect.
- After this, launch Play Store and download the error 504-associated app.
Lastly, you can free up your memory space to enable the installation of new apps without interruption.
Let us know if you were able to fix the error 504 problem. Simply, comment below.