In this post, we will show you how to uninstall Adobe Flash Player from your Windows PC.
Adobe Flash Player tends to crash in Google Chrome if more than two Adobe Flash Players are running simultaneously on a PC.
How to uninstall the Adobe Flash Player in Windows
Solution 1: Use Adobe Flash Player Uninstaller
- Download Adobe uninstall flash player from Adobe’s official website.
- Follow the guides and prompts to run the downloaded Uninstaller
- The Uninstaller will launch automatically once it is installed.
- Close all running programs and click on ‘Uninstall’ to start the uninstallation process
- Restart your PC after completely uninstalling Adobe Flash Player
- Delete all files and folders in the directories listed below (copy each file path and paste it in the search bar of your file explorer)
- C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash (for 32-bit OS)
- C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash (for 64-bit OS)
- %appdata%\Adobe\Flash Player
- %appdata%\Macromedia\Flash Player
- Restart your PC.
If you are using Google chrome browser, Mozilla Firefox, Opera or Microsoft Edge browser, follow the steps described below to disable Adobe Flash Player from the browser.
Disable Adobe Flash Player in Google Chrome Browser
Google Chrome Browser is integrated with Adobe Plash Player.to disable it, follow the steps below
- Launch your Google Chrome Browser
- Type ‘chrome://settings/content/flash’ >> Enter to access Adobe Flash Player settings on Google Chrome browser
- Toggle off the ‘Allow sites to run Flash’ if it is switched on.
Disable Adobe Flash Player in Mozilla Firefox
- Launch your Firefox browser
- Go to Firefox’s settings (three horizontal bars at the top-right of the browser)
- Click on the ‘Add-ons’ icon
- Click on the ‘Plugins’ icon at the far left of the page
- Select ‘Never Activate’ from the drop-down Menu of ‘Shockwave Flash.’
Disable Adobe Flash Player in Opera Browser
- Launch the Opera browser
- Open the Opera settings and click on ‘Manage Extensions’
- Disable Adobe Flash Player
Disable Adobe Flash Player in Microsoft Edge Browser
- Launch your Microsoft Edge browser
- Click on the Menu (3 horizontal dots) at the top-right of your edge browser
- Click on ‘Settings’ at the bottom of the menu list
- In the advanced settings section, click on ‘View advanced settings’
- Toggle off ‘Use Adobe Flash Player’ button
Disable Adobe Flash Player in Internet Explorer
- Launch your internet explorer
- Go to settings at the top-right of your browser
- Click on ‘Manage Add-ons
- Click on ‘Toolbars and Extensions’
- Disable ‘Shockwave Flash Object’
Was this helpful?