If you have come across Google Play Store error 100, don’t panic as we will show you how to troubleshoot this problem without hassles.
Thousands of Android users who experienced the error code 100 on their Google Play Store app recounted getting the error prompt:
“Application ABC can’t be installed due to an Error 100 – No Connection” where ABC can be any application name.
Regardless, we will be showing you effective solutions that can resolve this issue easily for you.
How to Fix Google Play Store error 100
Solution 1: Set the correct date and time
Incorrect date and time settings are known to cause issues like this. Therefore, you should endeavor to set the correct date and time on your Android device before running Google Play Store.
Here’s how to do this:
- Go to Settings
- Find-and-tap on Date & Time.
- Uncheck “Automatic Date & Time”
- Then manually set the date and time
- Also, manually set the Time Zone.
- Now, initiate Google Play Store app.
After launching Google Play Store app, you should be able to download any app without issues. But if the error code 100 still persists, you may proceed to the next solution.
Solution 2: Clear Cache and Data
Google Play Store cache when bloated can cause the error code 100 problem. Hence, you must clear the cache and then re-launch Google Play Store.
- Go to Settings > Applications
- Locate and then tap to open Google Play Store
- Tap on Force Stop
- Next, Clear Cache
- Then, tap Clear Data
- Repeat the Clear Cache process for:
Google Services Framework
- Then, restart your device.
Solution 3: Re-add your Google Account
Another effective troubleshooting solution to apply for the Google Play Store error 100 problem is re-adding your Google account.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on Accounts option.
- Now, click on Google option.
- Tap on Remove Google account.
- Restart your android device afterwards.
- Then go to Settings > Accounts > Add Account > Google Account.
Solution 4: Reset network connection
One of the easiest means of resolving the Google Play Store error 100 problem is by resetting your network connection.
To do this, simply:
- Go to Settings > Tap More
- Turn On Airplane mode for 3-5 minutes
- Afterwards, turn off the Airplane mode
- Then, launch Google Play Store
Did you resolve the Google Play Store error code 100 problem? Comment below.