Google Play Store is famous for being the largest Android apps repository. However, some Android users have been subjected to some menacing errors on the platform such as the Google Play Store error 403.
Android users who battled with this Google Play Store error complained about the inability to install new apps. Hence, we will show you easy solutions to fix the problem.
Fix: Google Play Store Error 403
Solution 1: Uninstall the problematic app
If you encountered this error while updating a premium app on Google Play Store, you should consider reinstalling it.
Here’s how to do this:
- Launch Google Play Store.
- Locate the app and tap on Uninstall
- Now, search for the app again on Google Play Store.
- Tap on the Purchase option to reinstall the app.
Note: if this solution is not applicable to you, you can proceed to the next fix.
Solution 2: Clear Proxy Option
Android users who utilize proxy connection can experience the error code 403 problem on Google Play Store. Hence, it is recommended that you do not make us of proxy connections.
In order to clear proxy option, do this:
- Go to Settings
- In the Settings display, tap on Wireless and Networks > Mobile Networks.
- Now, select APN (Access Point Name)
- Then, tap on Clear Proxy option.
This should fix the Google Play Store error most especially when if you are using a proxy connection. However, if this is not applicable to you, proceed to the next solution.
Solution 3: Clear search history
Another effective solution to fixing the Google Play Store error code 403 problem is deleting your Google Play Store search history.
Here’s how to do this:
- Go to Play Store > Settings
- In the Settings menu, tap on Clear Search History
- Wait for the deletion process to be complete.
- Then relaunch Google Play Store.
If the error problem still persists, you can try the next solution.
Solution 4: Create a new Google Account
Ultimately, you can resolve the error code 403 problem on Google Play Store by accessing Play Store with another account (or a newly created account).
In order to create a new Google account, do this:
- Press the menu icon
- Go to Settings > Accounts > Create New Gmail account by following the prompts.
- Now, access Play Store with your new Google account.
- Then, reinstall the problematic app.
We do hope you were able to resolve the Google Play Store error 403 problem. Leave us a comment below.